Thursday, July 7, 2016

Took a 7 year break?

Well hello there Dear Reader, I hope you've been well.

Me?  I've been up and down, pretty much gaining and losing the same 15 pounds for the last 7 years.  Looking back it seems a little disheartening, but oh my, the things I have learned!  Today is July 7th, 2016 and I'm just back from vacation and starting a new adventure, you're invited to ride along if you wish.

I've got 130 days before a large work conference where my entire company's staff will also be attending.  I've picked that deadline to be as fit and healthy as I can be.  I'll be using 'The Line Diet' to determine eat/fast days based on if I am above or below my goal weight for that day.  I'll be weighing in first thing each morning.  On eating days I'll be following a keto diet, 2000 calories based on 5% carbs (from veggies), 70% natural fat, and 25% protein and tracked with MyFitnessPal.  I'm eliminating sugar/sweets/alcohol and monitoring percent body fat.  I intend to walk at least 4.5 miles a day, at least 5 days a week.  This will be a morning walk with wife and dog, plus two 30 minute sessions at my treadmill desk.  I will be undertaking a body weight training routine 6 days a week and an evening yoga program every night.

So, today being day 1, I've weighed in, taken my before pictures and measurements.  It's pretty grim.

Age: 46
Weight: 198
Waist: 40"
%BF: 26%
Fat Mass: 21 lbs
Lean Mass: 147
Verdict?  OBESE

In 130 days I'd like to be 168 lbs and a 31 inch waist which would put me at 10% body fat.  I'm aiming for 585 miles walked, one legged pistol squat with each leg, one arm assisted pull ups, handstand pushup, one arm pushup on both sides and have walking and yoga habits fully entrenched.

Day 1 notes
Drank a gallon of water, 32oz of black coffee, and a 12oz diet pepsi.  Completed Workout 1, walked 4.6 miles, and evening yoga.  Fasted all day to jump start ketosis.  From 1pm to 7pm acetone reading from my ketonix breathalyzer rose from 38 to 43, so I guess it's working.  Feel good, some slight cramping in my feet during yoga so I'll get on top of electrolytes tomorrow.  Time for a shower and some down time.

No comments: