Sunday, September 9, 2007

MS 150 Bike Ride

Did the 100 Mile bike ride in New Bern NC yesterday, went well although I underestimated the ride. I figured if I could do 77 miles with big elevation changes here at home, that 100 miles of flat coastal riding shouldn't be too much harder. With the wind and some fairly newbie mistakes regarding riding with a group (1800 other riders!) I ended up making it harder than it needed to be. The event itself was just awesome, the volunteers and logistics were great and it was clearly well thought out and executed.

So yeah, 100 miles. Seems sort of surreal today. Some of the team is still there for Day Two, I believe they're planning to do another 70.

For me today is a day of rest with the family and maybe some grocery shopping and final preparations for tomorrow's kickoff. I'm really looking forward to getting started.

BTW, have been sleeping 11pm to 5am for the last week except for last night. Let myself have an extra 2 as a reward for finishing the bike ride. :)

No comments: