Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 2 - If its worth doing, its worth overdoing.

2:15am:
I'm up. I actually feel sort of rested, am sore from yesterday's workout but yeah.. not bad right now. This morning weight is 180.6 lbs. Going for a walk.
*****
Two mile walk at 2 in the morning was very cool - maybe I'll dig out the telescope some time and see what I can see. Feeling good.

6:30am;
Up from the 6:00am nap, did the Plyometrics workout at 5 this morning, feel a little odd now but expect to shake it off after I get moving. Sun's coming up.

8:00am;
This is weird, rode the bike in to work, and I am feeling GREAT right now!

12:36pm;
Shaking off the 12 o'clock nap, have had a great morning, and feel quite good now. Used one of the Polynap MP3s found here which made a huge difference in being able to shutdown for twenty minutes or so.
Now for some food, I'm starving!

10:27pm;
Still rolling. I am looking forward to going to sleep. The 7pm nap was hard to recover from, I think having dinner then trying to nap is suboptimal. Will play around with that nap and see what happens.

I'm surprised at how well exercise is working with the reduced amount of sleep and how good I felt today. Hope it isn't just a fluke.

Back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Eric said...

I can't help but remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer does the same sleep pattern. Only to end waking up in the east river in a sac!
Kudos!
Keep it up. Only, how many more days for the transition to stick?

Wes said...

I believe Kramer was doing the Uberman schedule, 20 min naps 6 times a day. That's only 2 hours of sleep in 24.

I'm doing a more flexible schedule, the Everyman - 3 hour core sleep from 11pm to 2am, then three 20-30 min naps throughout the day. 4-4.5 hours of sleep a day.

On the other hand, a swim in the East River might be exciting too.
-Wes