Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 14 - Say Something Clever Here

2:16am
I'm up! Weight is 175. I backfilled the fitday.com info with the scale readings since I started this experiment. The graph is all over the place and highlights the fact that while weighing yourself everyday is fine, you can't assign too much importance to that point in time reading. Instead, keep an eye on the trend. I use the Mark I calibrated eyeball and standard issue memory to assess where I am, but there are plenty of tools to make pretty graphs and visuals for you. BTW, I highly recommend reading The Hacker's Diet by John Walker. It's unlike any other 'self help' you'll read. Incidentally, you may have heard of Mr. Walker, he founded Autodesk in 1982. You can read more about Autodesk history here.

And now you know.

12:48pm
Almost time for a nap, but a quick note first. I notice I haven't mentioned it recently but the 3 hour core nap from 11pm to 2am plus a morning, noon, evening 20-30 minute nap is still working just great. The schedule is very flexible, as long as I get a nap within an hour and a half on either side of 6am/noon/6pm then I seem to be able to bounce right back up again. I've even missed a nap with no lingering effects. However my experience is that being interrupted in the middle of a nap is far worse than skipping it all together. The one time that happened was not fun at all.

I see by the empty bottle of Courvoisier that we are out of time, so you stay cool and I'll catch you later.

4:11pm
Did the 3rd week P90 Chest and Back routine today and I'm dang proud of the results. The workouts are still heart breakers, but at least I'm able to crank out more reps of everything. The weekly pictures are showing a lot more definition too. I guess an hour a day of fairly intense workout will do that...

Oh, and I was just kidding about the Courvoisier.

No comments: