Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well Hey There!

It's 4am, do you know where YOUR children are?

Let's see, where to begin - I finished the 100 day drinky-dink challenge without incident and finished just in time to go on vacation to see the other side of the family in AZ. Got to take in the Grand Canyon while we were there which absolutely floored me. Did you know there's no air there? Diet and exercise took a pretty good hit while we were gone but I stuck with the Hacker's diet 'ladder of life' 15-20 minute workout in the hotel and at least tried to moderate myself. Only gained about a pound surprisingly enough but it looks like I may also be dehydrated. Since we've been back I've been drinking water like crazy.
Plan is to keep on track with YogaX, AbripperX, and nutritional focus for the rest of October. The Halloween cookies and candy onslaught started yesterday and I was caught flat footed. Glad I've only got two hands or things could have gotten ugly.

Newest Challenges:
Starting today I'm going to record EVERYTHING that I eat or drink as accurately as possible at http://fitday.com . This should help keep me from going crazy with the Halloween junk and nip the annual fall weight gain trend in the bud.
Also starting today I'm going to BLOG everyday multiple times during the day. I feel like I've been letting you down and by extension, letting myself down. I've come to enjoy and depend on this accounting of myself and need to be better with my attendance. Like confession I guess.
Lastly, I'm kicking off another round of polyphasic sleeping! I started last night with a 5 hour core nap from 10pm-3am which will eventually be closer to 10-12:30 then 1/2 hour naps at 5, 10:30, and 4pm. This is a modified everyman polyphasic routine custom fit for my daily obligations and I'm pretty excited about it.

All for now!

5:31am
Up from first 1/2 hour nap, will call it semi successful. Not sure if I actually went to sleep, was too worried about getting the nap. Feel a little odd now. Not bad, just fuzzy. Going to get some water and start YogaX.

7:40pm
Been a long day and I'm getting pretty tired. 10:30 nap got pushed back until 12, made the 4pm one on time. Work has been a zoo for the last two days and I found myself pretty grouchy by the end. I believe I'll be ready for my core nap tonight. Think I'll do 10-2am this time.

I'm noticing my eyes are feeling pretty gritty, may need to take more frequent PC breaks and/or get some drops.

Sleep today: 6.5hours (5hour core, 3 half hour naps)

No comments: