Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Biphasic Day 1

4:05 am
I'm up and other than a strong reluctance to get out of bed I feel fine.

6:30pm
All in all it's been a pretty good day, work was a zoo but I definitely felt more alert if not a bit grouchy in the morning. Around 11:30 I went for a 3 mile run and got it done in under 25 minutes. That's pretty fast for me. One thing I have noticed this past 7 days is that physical exercise like cycling and running seem much more intense - I feel a lot more aware of myself. It's like the sleep dep strips away some of the comfort we usually exist in and everything is a little more raw.

Then again, maybe I'm just talking out my wazoo.

Grabbed a quick shower and took a 20 minute nap. Will probably do another 6 hour core tonight with the 20 min nap tomorrow as well then start tweaking down a little and see how it goes.

A quick note on naps. I use the MP3's found HERE for a 20, 23, or 26 minute nap. They're white noise until the end where various farm animals and such bring you out of the nap without being obnoxious. I sleep on my back and drape a black sock over my eyes for a poor man's sleep mask. It works great (THANKS SEAN!).

***
I've been tapped to go to a conference for work in Dec so yesterday I laid out P90X so that I'm out of town over a recovery week. That pushes my start date up two week and I kick off next Monday. I guess Sat and Sun will be fit test and pictures and setting up some rewards for different achievements (not missing a single workout, not missing a single AbripperX, etc). I'm pretty stoked about this round. I do plan on making one minor modification however. Over the last few weeks I've tried to get into YogaX. I really, really have. I've pretty much got the entire routine memorized at this point. Unfortunately, I HATE IT! Yesterday I did StretchX and enjoyed it so I'm seriously considering replacing the weekly YogaX's with either a different routine or StretchX.

Sleep Total: 6:20

No comments: