Friday, October 17, 2008

BD3

3:45am
I'm up. Culled 15 minutes off the core nap. It died hard.

7:59am
So I'm attempting to switch off coffee to Green Tea. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Forget the insane physical challenges, forget the sleep experiments, forget the rest of the nutty life modifications. No COFFEE? YOU... MAD MAN!

Other acceptable answers would include "Won't someone think of the children?!" and "Meh."

The above may or may not make sense. I'll try reading it later when my brain a'worky again.


Sleep total: 6:05 (5:45 core & 20 min nap)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the biphasic sleep. Hopefully you will find a schedule that works out for you.

I stumbled across brewing tea on "Good Eats" tonight. He suggest serving tea iced tea in it with no sugar added. If a person wants to sweeten the tea they can add sugar to their's. The problem is sugar doesn't dissolve in cold iced tea. Alton Brown taught how to make a syrup which dissolves easily in iced tea. Boil 5 cups of sugar in 3 cups of cold water and add 6 sliced lemons and sprigs of fresh mint to it. After it comes to a boil let it simmer and then cool for 10 minutes. Then strain the syrup. It is good for a month when stored in the fridge. It sounds like a great idea and is open to all sorts of experimenting. I think lemon, limes, and mint boiled with a stick of sugar cain might be a pretty good idea. Hopefully the sugar cain can replace the flavor of sugar without adding the bazzion carbs sugar has. Using an orange might produce some interesting flavors too. Anything has to be better than plain iced tea or green tea straight up.

Wes said...

Hey Nate,
Thanks for the tip! I'll post on the tea's I've got in the house so far for hot and cold drinks.
Drinking the hot ones straight is not that great, but then I felt that way about black coffee for a long time too.