Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Beginning!

Failing to plan is like planning to fail.
I have a lot to commit to paper today, I'll keep you posted.
Beginning weight in '08: 188.4 (ouch)

Spent the day making notes, gathering tools, and generally getting ready, tried out the diet and feel it's pretty doable. Held my own for the first half of AbripperX - stopped before making myself miserably sore. Took my 'before' picture - Yikes. I am pretty fired up about 08, feel like I'm in a good place to make my fitness goals happen this year. I'll share the diet plan and weekly exercise schedule sometime next week after I've refined it a little. Right now I'm looking at a 5 meals a day with a lot of water, milk, protien (whey and tuna and chicken) and fruits and veggies. Only supplements I've got in mind to try are generic Multivitamin, Whey Protein (EAS), and Super Creatine (Body Fortress). Exercise will be 2-3 sessions a day, P90X (YogaX, Core, Kenpo, Plyo, Cardio, AbripperX, StretchX) and either a run or bike ride. Big run on Saturdays, big ride on Sundays. Sleep plan is straight 6 hours, 11pm to 5am including weekends. May play around with shifting start/end times and considering 5.5 at night and a polynap sometime during the day.
As I mentioned before, the left knee got pretty mangled on the 14 mile 'Simpson Death March' back at the end of October and I've pretty much left it alone entirely for the last 6 weeks or so. Last week I did a mile run (under 9 min) the day after a 12 mile bike ride. The knee held up fine even without a brace so I'm going to start easing back into running by doing short distances 3 times a week. Also planning on riding 3 times a week - again not big distance, and we'll see how it goes.

So here's to kicking ass in 08!
-Wes

Check out these Marathon Monks - this is nuts.

No comments: