Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 91 Triathlon

I'm done, I did it. The swim was not pretty, laps in the community pool was completely unlike a 1/2 mile open water swim with 50 other people. Got pretty hairy there for a while. Cycling and running were much better although getting on the bike after flailing around in the lake took a lot of willpower.
I finished in 1:47 - Rico says that's pretty good for a first timer. I'm just glad to have it done. I am mighty tired.

Here's a life lesson I learned from the swim. If you ever find yourself surrounded by people of equal ability, do whatever it takes to get away from them. Otherwise you're just going to spend a lot of your time kicking each other in the head.

Drinky-Dink log stands at 26.
I'm off for a much earned shower and possibly a nap.

2 comments:

Craig said...

You kick ass! Congrats on the finish. Swim training for the next one should consist of swimming laps in the open pool without the aid of lane lines. That would be good for some kick-in-the-head training, and possibly a cannonball or two.

Russ said...

Congratulations!!! Great job on completing the Tri. I hope you did reward yourself with a cold beverage.