Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why So Sad Emo Exercise Boy?

First of all, thank you all for your support, I was surprised at how much heartfelt encouragement I received and it is nice to know I'm not the only one to have visited the fitness doldrums.

In answer to all the 'Why' questions (anyone else get images of Nancy Kerigan at that question?). Well, I do these things that I don't particularly love because I know the payout is better than temporary suffering they cause. I am stronger mentally and physically and I am more robust and durable. I am a better Wes than I would be otherwise. And that is the point.

Balance still needs attention. Meh, it's a work in progress.

Hey, I found this article this morning, good to see I'm on the right track: http://zenhabits.net/2008/08/7-little-habits-that-can-change-your-life-and-how-to-form-them/

Ran 2 miles yesterday between thunderstorms. Almost made it back without getting wet.
Days left: 36
Drink log: 26/56 and 55 days with none.
Miles Ridden: 256.5/750
Miles Run: 33/100

No comments: