Friday, August 15, 2008

P180X+ Game Over

Well, not exactly what I had in mind, but things have a funny way of working out.

I've had a stomach virus for the last couple of days, which seems to be working its way through the family. I get a kick out of how much harder these things hit adults than the kids. My daughter went from:
I don't feel good.. Hoooorrruukk.. It looks like eggs! Can I go play? All in one morning.

I've spent the last couple of days subsisting on sips of water and dry cherrios and venturing more than 10 feet from a toilet was a bold and daring adventure. I felt like some nightmarish double ended chum cannon. Yeah, that's pretty much sums it up.
On the upside, body weight's down about 6 pounds, half of that was probably my speen.

Anyway, I'm quitting on the P180X+ plan. It's too long for me and my excitement, attention, dedication, and motivation have all dropped below acceptable levels. I'm bored and burned out *for now*. It seems that the decision to make these programs 90 days is a solid one and next time that's what I'll stick with. For now I'm going to try some other stuff - catching up and sticking with my running and cycling goals, TurboJams (I feel like a tool doing it, but it's good for me and fun to workout and support Wife), maybe some Tha Chi, Yoga, or Karma Sutra (Ancient nocturnal martial arts and interval training). Just shake it up a little.

I'm sure I'll be back to P90X or P90X+ before long. Today is halfway through my 100 Day drink challenge and when it's done I'll have concluded the riding and running challenges as well. So I'll probably get the P90 itch again in October and use it to fight the fall fat food feasting fracus and subsequent weight gain.

Any hoo, I'll be recovering and figuring out what the next plan is going to look like this weekend and will report in soon.
Be nice to each other.
-Wes

Days left: 49
Drink log: 26/56 and 42 days with none.
Miles Ridden: 221/750
Miles Run: 19.5/100

No comments: