Sunday, December 21, 2008

P90X Day 63 Still not so hot

Well I woke up this morning and it was pouring outside. I said to myself 'great, I can gracefully cancel the run and have that off my plate.' Then about 9:30 the sun came out, it warmed up and I had to go anyway. No one from the neighborhood showed up but another buddy did with his whippets and the four of us had a good run. Actually felt really good afterwords but have started to sag now. I still owe a legs&back workout and Kenpo session. I WILL get these workouts in.

Went and got fitted for some new running shoes today, never done that before. I highly recommend it. These fit my feet differently than any I've ever had before, I've just bought whatever looked like a good shoe in the past. I was told I had really high arches and was asked a lot of different questions for what my running goals were and then had about 4 different shoe types to try out. Tested a couple on the treadmill some were 'nah' as soon as they went on the foot. The shoes I chose were twice as much as what I usually pay, but for marathon training I'm willing to get the right gear and negate any injury I can. I'm saving them for 2009 and will then log every mile I put on them. They're rated for 400-500 miles.

No comments: